Failing connection with MySQLdb on Mac OS X

Stephen Roderick snrkiwi-lists at yahoo.com
Sat May 29 18:57:42 EDT 2004

Getting weird error, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.
My system appears to satisfy all MySQLdb prerequisities in terms of
python, mysql, etc. Also, phpMyAdmin works fine with mysql, leading me
to believe that my installation of MySQLdb is at fault. Any ideas?

TIA

For file test1.py (for appropriate values of user and passwd, and
database location exists)

import MySQLdb
db = MySQLdb.Connect ( host="localhost", user="yyy", passwd="xxx",
db="location" )

Error is :

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "test1.py", line 3, in ?
     db="location" )
   File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/
python2.3/site-packages/MySQLdb/__init__.py", line 63, in Connect
     return apply(Connection, args, kwargs)
   File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/
python2.3/site-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py", line 115, in __init__
     self._make_connection(args, kwargs2)
   File
"/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/
python2.3/site-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py", line 41, in
_make_connection
     apply(super(ConnectionBase, self).__init__, args, kwargs)
_mysql_exceptions.InternalError: (-1, 'connection is closed')