Python as Guido Intended

Simon Brunning simon.brunning at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 05:49:59 EST 2005

On 24 Nov 2005 10:21:51 GMT, Antoon Pardon <apardon at forel.vub.ac.be> wrote:
> But only Guido, thinks like Guido and then even Guido may now think
> differently than he thought before. And what if Guido had a bad day
> when he came up with something, should we just adopt to what he
> had in mind without questioning them.

No one is suggesting that Guido is perfect. But he's consistently a
better judge of language design than I am, and in all likelihood
better than you, too. If you like Python, it's 'cos you like the
decisions he's made over many years.

Where my first impulse is to think that one of decisions is wrong,
nine times out of ten in time I'll come to find that I was wrong and
he was right.

--
Cheers,
Simon B,