ldap .passwd method, need help

Sells, Fred fred at adventistcare.org
Fri Jan 13 09:00:04 EST 2006

I've got the python-ldap version 2.0.11 with python 2.4 under Linux

I've got the ldap stuff working for groups, but now I'm trying to use it to
change a user password.  I get a return of 2 and no error messages but it
does not change ldap.

I've tried it with uid = 'joeblow' and with oldpw=whatever it was with the
same result.

Anyone know what I'm missing?

class LdapUser:
    def __init__(self, uri=uri, binddn=BINDDN, password=""):
        self.ldap = ldap.initialize(uri)
        self.ldap.simple_bind(binddn, password)

    def chg_pw(self,uid,oldpw,newpw):
        print self.ldap.passwd_s(uid,oldpw,newpw)

if __name__=="__main__":
    Ldap = LdapUser(password="secret")
    Ldap.chg_pw("uid=joeblow,ou=abc,ou=def,dc=ghi,dc=org","", "new.pass")

The information contained in this message may be privileged and / or
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
immediately by replying to this message and deleting the material from any
computer.