Firefox bug in webbrowser module on Ubuntu?!

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Sat Jan 21 09:28:37 EST 2006

    ncf> This section is the cause of the problem:
    ncf>         for browser in ("mozilla-firefox", "mozilla-firebird",
    ncf>                         "mozilla", "netscape"):
    ncf>             if _iscommand(browser):
    ncf>                 register(browser, None, Netscape(browser))

In SVN trunk (aka 2.5a0) this code is

    for browser in ("mozilla-firefox", "firefox",
                    "mozilla-firebird", "firebird",
                    "mozilla", "netscape"):
        if _iscommand(browser):
            register(browser, None, Mozilla(browser))

where Mozilla == Netscape, so your proposed fix appears to be correct.
(Which reminds me, I have a patch to webbrowser.py to test...)

Skip