winguiauto

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Jan 30 16:43:55 EST 2006

puff wrote:
> You'll have to give me a bit of slack as I'm new to python.  Much
> python development seems to be hosted on sourceforge.  There are a
> couple of copies there with a number of modifications that seem to
> center on waiting for windows to exist.  There is also the copy on
> Brunning's site without these modifications.  I'm new to this, so I'm
> just asking as it's a bit unclear.

Unless those other copies have stripped out Brunning's name, I doubt you
can call them "official" in any way.  On the other hand, you probably
didn't really mean "official" but rather "what's the best one to use".
  If that's the case, I can't help you as I haven't looked at those
modifications.

Is there a mailing list associated with any of those projects or with
the original, where you could ask?  For questions about very specific
packages like this, a mailing list is often a better place to ask than
the more general comp.lang.python.

-Peter