OT: excellent book on information theory

Paul Rubin http
Fri Jan 20 20:01:06 EST 2006

"Anton Vredegoor" <anton.vredegoor at gmail.com> writes:
> Returning to the original book, why did they write a lot of it (at
> least the first few pages until I gave up, after having trouble
> understanding formulas about concepts I have no such trouble with when
> framed in less jargonized from) in unintelligible mathemathical
> notation when there's Python?

The first few pages are a review of probability theory but I think
they assume you've seen it before.  The book's subject matter is more
mathematical by nature than what most programmers deal with from day
to day, and as such, the book is not for everyone.