beta.python.org content

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Tue Jan 31 05:03:22 EST 2006

"robin" wrote:

> Overall, the look is very "safe corporate". I myself would have gone
> for a funkier (though still elegant) look. The energy of the Python
> community is not being communicated. The vim of the language is
> diluted. This is not playing to Python's strengths.
>
> Yes, i have been known to do this for a living. Had I been aware
> earlier, I would have been happy to help with the redesign. How
> can I now?

you can either try joining the beta.python.org cathedral (good luck), or drop by
the skunkworks (http://effbot.org/zone/pydotorg.htm) and help me whip together
some nice templates.

(if I could pick a style, I'd go for something that has some visual connection to the
existing site style, but reworked for 2006 and today's Python universe).

</F>