copying files into one

Edward Elliott nobody at 127.0.0.1
Sun May 14 01:12:38 EDT 2006

Gary Wessle wrote:

> I am looping through a directory and appending all the files in one
> huge file, the codes below should give the same end results but are
> not, I don't understand why the first code is not doing it.

another bit of friendly advice (for others as well): learn to use pdb before
posting your code for the group to debug.  this type of error is easily
catchable with a little effort.  you'll learn more by investigating your
problems yourself before feeding them to the great distributed debugger
known as comp.lang.python.

--
Edward Elliott
UC Berkeley School of Law (Boalt Hall)