ANN: SE 2.3. Available now

Frederic Rentsch anthra.norell at vtxmail.ch
Sat Nov 4 03:00:50 EST 2006

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> Frederic Rentsch wrote:
>

>> And here's the proof I am being perceived as a nuisance. I apologize,
>> keeping to myself that I don't care.
>>

> since you're constantly targeting newbies, and are hawking your stuff
> also for things for which there are simple and efficient solutions
> available in Python's standard library, your behavior could be seen
> as more than just a nuisance.
>
> </F>

Thank you for making me aware of it. I totally agree with you that
inefficient complexity should never replace efficient simplicity. SE, in
fact, is much more a convenient interface complement than a stand-alone
tool and as such meant to cooperate with the available Python idiom.
      I used this forum to connect with real-life problems, which I
believe is one of its main purposes. Testing the envelope of my 'stuff'
I would almost certainly have overstretched it on occasion. And again,
what's wrong with this absolutely normal development process? And what
better environment could there be for it than an interest group like
this one where experts like yourself offer direction?
      I am not targeting newbies (whatever that is). I am not targeting
at all. I invite response. You had cause to respond as this message of
yours reveals. But you didn't respond and now your are angry with me for it.
      So, thanks again for the information. Your comments are always
welcome. I understand your style as an expression of your personality.
Belligerence passes my notice if I don't see what I have to do with it.

Regards

Frederic