remove a list from a list

Rares Vernica rvernica at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 15:00:46 EST 2006

Sorry for not being clear from the beginning and for not using clear
variable names.

Problem context:

import os
dirs_exclude = set(('a', 'b', 'e'))
for root, dirs, files in os.walk('python/Lib/email'):
     # Task:
     # delete from "dirs" the directory names from "dirs_exclude"
     # case-insensitive

The solution so far is:

for i in xrange(len(dirs), 0, -1):
   if dirs[i-1].lower() in dirs_exclude: