What happened to RuleDispatch

Adam Jones ajones1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 11:32:37 EDT 2006

exhuma.twn wrote:
> On Oct 19, 3:44 pm, "exhuma.twn" <exh... at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > page. You should be able to get an installation by looking up the files
> > > there. Try this command:
> >
> > > easy_install -fhttp://www.turbogears.org/download/index.html
> > > TurboGears
> >
> > > That is actually the recommended way to install TurboGears, as it is
> > > not always compatible with the latest version of the components.
> >
> > > -AdamHmmm... this is wat I get:
> >
> > Using /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/TurboGears-1.0b1-py2.4.egg
> > Processing dependencies for TurboGears
> > Searching forRuleDispatch
> > Readinghttp://www.turbogears.org/download/index.html
> > Best match:RuleDispatch0.5a0.dev-r2115
> > Downloadinghttp://files.turbogears.org/eggs/RuleDispatch-0.5a0.dev-r2115.tar.gz
> > error: Can't downloadhttp://files.turbogears.org/eggs/RuleDispatch-0.5a0.dev-r2115.tar.gz:
> > 502 Bad Gateway
> >
> > Could this be a local issue?
>
> Forgot to say I also tried to download it via the web-browser. This
> gave me the following error (generated by the proxy I have to use):
>
> "Server response could not be decoded using encoding type returned by
> server.
> This is typically caused by a Web Site presenting a content encoding
> header of one type, and then encoding the data differently."

I just tried it for myself (with my workplace's proxy) and had no
problems. You might want to check on the TurboGears mailing list (
http://groups.google.com/group/turbogears ) to see if someone there can
help you figure out what is going on. Downloading the eggs at another
location and installing locally is also an option.

-Adam