Block Structure Parsing

hanumizzle hanumizzle at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 03:00:44 EDT 2006

On 10/4/06, Blacktiger <blktiger at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all, I'm new to this list because I had a question about parsing
> python block structure. I am taking a programming languages course
> this semester and for our final project we are writing an interperator
> in scheme(awful language) for whatever language that we want. The
> language that I want to do is one I have been designing for a little
> while and it shares some syntactic features of Python; most notably
> the block structure.

What dialect of scheme are you limited to, if any? Because PLT and
Chicken appear to have the widest selection of extensions, it might be
good to look at them. Already on the chicken website (the cumbersome
http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/eggs/) I found this:
http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~boucherd/Lalr/documentation/lalr.html.
Might be what you need, might not, can't be sure.

Or you can just cheat, use s-exp syntax with unique semantics, and
then use (read) as your 'parser'. :)

-- Theerasak