Stackless Integration

Justin T. jmtulloss at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 12:51:47 EDT 2007

On Aug 9, 8:57 am, "Terry Reedy" <tjre... at udel.edu> wrote:
> First, which 'stackless'?  The original continuation-stackless (of about 7
> years ago)?  Or the more current tasklet-stackless (which I think is much
> younger than that)?

The current iteration. I can certianly understand Guido's distaste for
continuations.

> overcome.  It is just not part of the stdlib.
And I wish it were! It wouldn't be such a pain to get to my developers
then.

> And as far as I know or
> could find in the PEP index, C. Tismer has never submitted a PEP asking
> that it be made so.  Doing so would mean a loss of control, so there is a
> downside as well as the obvious upside of distribution.
That's true. Though, hopefully, the powers that be would allow him to
maintain it while it's in the stdlib. Maybe we should file a PEP for
him... :)

Justin