Newbie: Capture traceback message to string?

Sean Schertell sean at datafly.net
Tue Jan 16 20:19:02 EST 2007

Hello!

I'm new to Python and this is my first post to the list.

I'm trying to simply capture exception text to a few strings which
can be passed to a PSP page to display a pretty error message. The
problem is that I just can't seem to figure out how to get the basic
components of the traceback message into strings. Here's what I want
to do:

---------------------
try:
	bad_math = 1/0
except:
	info = sys.exc_info()
	main_error_str = # ???
	full_traceback_str = # ???
	tmpl = psp.PSP(req, filename='error.html')
         tmpl.run({'main_error_str': main_error_str,
'full_traceback_str':full_traceback_str})

return apache.OK

...So then my PSP page receives the errors as variables containing
strings.

I've been googling and experimenting for more hours than I care to
admit. A little help please?

Thanks!

Sean