Learning to program in Python

Demel, Jeff Jeff.Demel at JavelinDirect.com
Fri Jan 5 15:43:44 EST 2007

If I were you, I'd think up a project and just build it.  The best way
to really learn is to do, at least for me.  If you run into problems,
then you can come back and ask the group here.  Believe me, I've asked
some very basic questions, and everyone's been very friendly and
helpful.

As an EE major, maybe you can think of some project that interests you
and build it.  One thing that comes to mind is, maybe, a graphical
program to lay out circuits?  Parts inventory program?  Circuit tester?
I don't know, I was an English major, but you get the idea.

Anyway, try to think of a project that includes several of the key
fundamentals of programming that we do every day, like reading and
writing files, reading and writing to a database, GUI development, and
things like that.

HTH

-Jeff