Python does not play well with others

George, Harry G harry.g.george at boeing.com
Wed Jan 24 13:54:34 EST 2007

As always, IMHO...

P-code begat JVM, which begat .NET/Mono-CLI, wherein lives C#.   Thus it
is a deliberately isolated world, much given to reinventing wheels (or
rather recoding them) instead of binding to existing libraries.  So C#
might be a useful tool for anyone forced to live inside that world, but
more or less irrelevant for those who have to interact with the real
world.

At work my tasks include hooking together lots of COTS tools, on lots of
platforms.  C# doesn't even play the game.

At home my hobbies include lots of different subjects, randomly passing
from one to another, using strictly Open Source Software, and enjoying
the process.  .NET/Mono and C# don't pass either the "lots" or the
"enjoy" tests.