Python user group in Portland, OR?

bradallen bradallen137 at gmail.com
Wed May 2 00:25:38 EDT 2007

On May 1, 5:09 pm, Matimus <mccre... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Python.org lists PORPIG (PORtland Python Intrest Group) but the site
> that it points to no longer seems to represent that. Also, when I
> looked into going to a meeting a while back, the last one listed was
> some time in 2004. I will put this out there though, if someone wants
> to start a PIG back up for Portland I would certainly be interested. I
> am at least one Python developer living in the Portland area. The web
> contains evidence of others as well. In general there is a fairly
> large software development presence in Portland, especially around
> Open Source.

Thanks for the response. If there is not an active local user group,
maybe
it would be a good idea to start one. It can be a lot of fun and
professionally
rewarding, and a city like Portland is a great environment due to
all the free public spaces for congregating.

I would be happy to meet with you and any other Portland Python
programmers to talk about ideas for organizing a user group.
There is also some good discussion about it on the Python Advocacy
the mailing list, because PSF has begun an effort to foster and
promote
user groups.

Sometime next week might be a good time for a meeting during
a weekday evening at a dinner place in the main city center area
of Portland. Maybe by then there would be enough time to find others
and invite them to join us.

I can be contacted via e-mail using "brad" + ampersand + "allendev."
+ "com"