Python user group in Portland, OR?

bradallen bradallen137 at gmail.com
Tue May 1 17:25:53 EDT 2007

I've been visiting Portland, OR on a multi-week client project, and am
wondering if there are any local Python or Zope programmers in the
Portland area.

I am only going to be here for a couple more weeks, and the client is
getting nervous about whether there are any Python/Zope programmers in
the local area, because they are thinking seriously of hiring internal
staff to manage their app. They have a fairly large web app that uses
Zope 2/FIVE and a couple of significant wxPython apps, along with a
Linux server running PostgreSQL as well as a lot of other moving parts
managed by Python scripts.  I have enjoyed working on this project,
but cannot stay indefinitely.

I've tried to assure them that Python is widely used, and that they
should have no difficulty finding local support in a city like
Portland. Anybody out there? Even if you're not looking for work, I'd
enjoy meeting local Pythonistas while I'm in Portland, since I am
missing the Dallas user group meetings I normally attend.

Thanks!