Natural-language datetime parsing and display

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Wed Jan 9 17:57:17 EST 2008

"Daniel Fetchinson" <fetchinson at googlemail.com> writes:

> > The OP was looking for presentation though. I know roundup has
> > code for this if an independent library can't be found.
>
> Thanks for all the responses!
> Indeed I was looking for presentation and not parsing, I'll take a
> look at roundup.

Yes, that's why I indicated that Chandler Desktop would be a good
place to look. Roundup sounds like an equally good place to look.
Hopefully, with a couple of options like that, you'll find something
decent.

It would be good to see a generic "natural-language datetime
presentation" library in the Cheeseshop, since the functionality seems
quite well-suited to a separate generic library.

--
 \        "The best mind-altering drug is truth."  -- Jane Wagner, via |
  `\                                                       Lily Tomlin |