problem of converting a list to dict

Reedick, Andrew jr9445 at ATT.COM
Wed Jan 9 15:34:26 EST 2008

	Eh, personal preference depending on how sure you are of the
data's type.

> (2) omitting the redundant space after 'into'

	Some of us coming in from other languages and still aren't used
to the comma adding an unwanted space after everything.  I've been
tempted to root around in Python's source code to fix the problem.

> (3) losing the redundant () around i

	For me, the () is there for readability.  Python's sprintf
syntax is odd to begin with, and something like
		print "'%s' splits into " % i, a, b, c
	means either
		1) you really do want to append b and c after the
sprintf, or
			print "'%s' splits into " % (a), b, c
		2) that the formatting string is missing a few things
			print "'%s' splits into " % (a, b, c)  ## Ooops!
forgot to change it to "%s %5.2d %6.3f"

*****

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers. GA622