optional static typing for Python

Paul Rubin http
Mon Jan 28 02:21:58 EST 2008

Paddy <paddy3118 at googlemail.com> writes:
> > Fair enough.  My main issue was against the notion that random testing
> > is the only thing necessary.
>
> Sorry Paul if I may have given that impression, its just that when you
> bring in random testing to a design that until then had only directed
> tests you can see the bug rate jump up!

Sure, I agree with that as well, what I should have said was I have an
issue with the notion that testing (of any sort) is all that is needed
to reach high assurance.  Directed and random tests BOTH failed to
catch the FDIV bug.  You need methods that demonstrate the absence of
defects, not just fail to demonstrate their presence.