translating Python to Assembler

Luis Zarrabeitia kyrie at uh.cu
Tue Jan 22 20:28:39 EST 2008

I second Wim's opinion. Learn python as a high level language, you won't regret it.

About google, I'll give you a little gtip:

> > For example a Google for "python.pdb" returns +python
> > +pdb, so I get a ridiculous number of returns referring to the python
> > debugger. I have mentioned this to Google several times, but I guess
> > logic isn't one of their strong points.  :-)

Instead of searching 'python.pdb' try the query "filetype:pdb python", or even
"python pdb" (quoted). The first one whould give you files with pdb extension
and python in the name or contents, and the second one (quoted) should return
pages with both words together, except for commas, spaces, dots, slashs, etc.

However... one of the second query results is this thread in google groups...
not a good sign.

--
Luis Zarrabeitia
Facultad de Matemática y Computación, UH

Quoting Wim Vander Schelden <wim at fixnum.org>:

> Python modules and scripts are normally not even compiled, if they have
> been,
> its probably just the Python interpreter packaged with the scripts and
> resources.
>
> My advice is that if you want to learn Python, is that you just read a book
> about
> it or read only resources. Learning Python from assembler is kind of...
> strange.
>
> Not only are you skipping several generations of programming languages,
> spanned
> over a period of 40 years, but the approach to programming in Python is so
> fundamentally different from assembler programming that there is simply no
> reason
> to start looking at if from this perspective.
>
> I truly hope you enjoy the world of high end programming languages, but
> treat them
> as such. Looking at them in a low-level representation or for a low-level
> perspective
> doesn't bear much fruits.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Wim
>
> On 1/22/08, over at thepond.com <over at thepond.com> wrote:
> >
> > My expertise, if any, is in assembler. I'm trying to understand Python
> > scripts and modules by examining them after they have been
> > disassembled in a Windows environment.
> >
> > I'm wondering if a Python symbols file is available. In the Windows
> > environment, a symbol file normally has a PDB extension. It's a little
> > unfortunate that Python also uses PDB for its debugger. Google, for
> > whatever reason, wont accept queries with dots, hyphens, etc., in the
> > query line. For example a Google for "python.pdb" returns +python
> > +pdb, so I get a ridiculous number of returns referring to the python
> > debugger. I have mentioned this to Google several times, but I guess
> > logic isn't one of their strong points.  :-)
> > --

"Al mundo nuevo corresponde la Universidad nueva"
UNIVERSIDAD DE LA HABANA
280 aniversario