UNSUBSCRIBE

TezZ Da Sp@cE MaN tezzspaceman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 01:41:33 EST 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: python-list-bounces+dhwani006=gmail.com at python.org
[mailto:python-list-bounces+dhwani006=gmail.com at python.org] On Behalf Of
Diez B. Roggisch
Sent: 22 January 2008 20:22
To: python-list at python.org
Subject: Re: isgenerator(...) - anywhere to be found?

Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 15:15:43 +0100, "Diez B. Roggisch"
> <deets at nospam.web.de> wrote:
>>Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:

>>> Why do you need a special case for generators?  If you just pass the
>>> object in question to iter(), instead, then you'll either get back
>>> something that you can iterate over, or you'll get an exception for
>>> things that aren't iterable.
>>
>>Because - as I said - I'm working on a micro-thread thingy, where the
>>scheduler needs to push returned generators to a stack and execute them.
>>Using send(), which rules out iter() anyway.
>
> Sorry, I still don't understand.  Why is a generator different from any
> other iterator?

Because you can use send(value) on it for example. Which you can't with
every other iterator. And that you can utizilize to create a little
framework of co-routines or however you like to call it that will yield
values when they want, or generators if they have nested co-routines the
scheduler needs to keep track of and invoke after another.

I'm currently at work and can't show you the code - I don't claim that my
current approach is the shizzle, but so far it serves my purposes - and I
need a isgenerator()

Diez