wxpython application ( problem ? )

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Wed Jan 2 07:46:23 EST 2008

vedrandekovic at gmail.com wrote:

> On 2 sij, 12:29, Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch <bj_... at gmx.net> wrote:
>> On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 03:24:56 -0800, vedrandekovic wrote:
>> > Here is sample of my simple script with wxpython and modules:
>> > subprocess,threading, directpython.......
>>
>> Are you accessing the GUI from threads?
>>
>> Ciao,
>>         Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch
>

> Hi again,
>
> yes, so what's the problem?

It is the problem. It is usually not allowed to manipulate GUI-objects from
any thread except the main-thread that runs the event-loop. All
GUI-toolkits have guidelines how to cope with that, e.g. custom events in
Qt3, or timers.

This message indicates that WX has similar means:

http://osdir.com/ml/python.matplotlib.general/2005-03/msg00208.html

Diez