look-behind fixed width issue (package re)

Fri Oct 24 10:56:15 EDT 2008

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 07:43:16 -0700, Peng Yu wrote:

>> Most probably a backport to Python 2.6 or even 2.5 under a different
>> module name like re_ng wouldn't be too difficult to do for anybody that
>> needs the new functionality and knows a bit about building extension
>> modules.
>
> I did a google a search. But I don't find any document that describe it.
> Does it have almost the same functionality as the re package that will
> be in Python 2.7? Where is the decumentation of it?
>
> If I just need variable width look-behind, I just replace re with re_ng
> on python 2.5 or 2.6, right? Is re_ng available on python 2.4?

re_ng doesn't exist yet, because Python 2.7 doesn't exist yet. 2.6 has
only just come out -- it will probably be at least a year before 2.7 is
out, and only then might people start back-porting the new re engine to
2.5 or 2.6.

--
Steven