best practice for documenting a project? pydoc?

shaileshkumar shaileshk at
Wed Aug 12 17:33:55 CEST 2009

EPYDOC is very good for automatic generation of documentation from
source code.

You may also consider Sphinx which is used
for many
projects including the official Python documentation, documentation of
Zope (
See the full list of projects using Sphinx at

- Shailesh