Porting to new Python version

andrew cooke andrew at acooke.org
Thu Feb 19 08:20:16 EST 2009

maybe i should clarify that "easy" below is going to be relative.  the
process may end up being very hard due to various other reasons.  what i
was trying to explain is that

(1) 3 is probably going to require a separate branch from 2;

(2) that 2.6 and 3 can both be considered "latest";

(3) moving from 2.4 to 2.6 is probably best done before branching for 3;

(4) moving from 2.4 to 2.6 is probably easier than moving from 2 to 3.

andrew