Documentation Problems

Lie Ryan lie.1296 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 13:19:02 EDT 2009

Inky 788 wrote:
> On Jul 22, 7:15 am, Tim Golden <m... at timgolden.me.uk> wrote:
>> Mark du Preez wrote:
>>> Hi
>>> Can anyone tell me where to go to suggest changes to the Python
>>> documentation?
>> Drop an entry in the tracker:
>>
>>  http://bugs.python.org
>>
>> Patches are always welcome,
>
> Could you please provide brief instructions on exactly how to go about
> creating a suitable patch file? I mean, starting from the beginning
> (as in, "check out code from {here} using {this command}", "cd to
> {this} directory", "edit the file in place", "run {this} command to
> create a patch file"). Or perhaps this procedure is already outlined
> elsewhere?

It's the typical svn-based development, "svn checkout" from the
repository (see list of svn urls here:
http://www.python.org/dev/faq/#how-do-i-get-a-checkout-of-the-repository-read-only-and-read-write),
modify the files, then "svn diff" (or "diff -u")

And last but not least, check out the dev-faq:
http://www.python.org/dev/faq/