Feedback wanted on programming introduction (Python in Windows)

Alf P. Steinbach alfps at start.no
Mon Nov 2 19:38:40 EST 2009

* Rhodri James:
> On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 00:49:50 -0000, Alf P. Steinbach <alfps at start.no>
> wrote:
>
>> * Rhodri James:

>>>  This is a weird attribution style, by the way.  I don't think it helps.
>>
>> That's a pretty weird thing to comment on.
>>
>> And as far as I can see the comment doesn't make sense except as an
>> attempt to find something negative to say.
>>
>> But anyway, the point about '*' was, once upon a time, that it made
>> for a very clear style of quoting in old newsreaders. Nowadays the
>> tools are generally of lesser quality (e.g. I'm using Thunderbird).
>> And so it doesn't really have much of that advantage left, but I'm
>> using it anyway; I can be pretty stubborn about issues of quality.
>
> I'm struggling to recall as single instance of this in all of my Usenet
> days.  And failing.
>
> And with that, I officially give up on you.

Again, a '*' in attributions is a pretty weird thing to focus on.

But all you have posted so far in this thread has been technically incorrect
(even when you've been led by hand to technical doc), logically fallacious,
plus, and mostly, your vague unfocused negative feelings like above.

So, it's understandable. :-)

Cheers,

- Alf