IDE for python

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Sun Nov 15 14:03:48 EST 2009

Peng Yu schrieb:
> On Nov 15, 11:15 am, "Diez B. Roggisch" <de... at nospam.web.de> wrote:
>> Peng Yu schrieb:
>>
>>> There had been some discussion on IDE. But I'm not sure what pros and
>>> cons of each choice. Current, I'm using vim and ctags.
>>> Could somebody give some advices on choosing the best IDE for me?
>>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/...
>> I suggest you use your google foo that you just showed to search in this
>> group for the numerous discussions about emacs, vi, eclipse+pydev, wing
>> ide, komodo and notepad.
>
> I see too many threads. But I don't any of them give me a complete
> comparison between different choices. If you are familiar with
> different choices, would you please give me some advices?
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/search?group=comp.lang.python&q=IDE&qt_g=Search+this+group

Again: read the threads. They discuss the various aspects. They arose
because of the same question asked as yours. If you don't find in them
what you are looking for, chances are hight that you won't get it.

This is very much a question of personal preferences, not of
feature-matrices and strict metrics. So go, read, and them make an
informed choice on what at least to try. Stick with what you prefer.

And given your track record in this group here, I assume regardless of
*what* beautiful scheme of explaining various IDEs and their respective
merits, they all fall short of your "unique" way of doing things.

Diez