running .py files on Linux

Tingting HAN hihighsky at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 08:06:21 EDT 2010

I apologize that I am new to Linux. I find this in my computer:
/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/tables$
How should I know which version of PyTables has been installed? What is the
command?
Which version should I download to solve the problem? And could you please
give me the website link to download it because I am afraid I can not find
the right place exactly.

--
Best regards,
HAN Tingting

ETSI de Telecomunicación - office C-203-1
Dpto. Ingeniería Electrónica
Ciudad Universitaria s/n
Madrid 28040,  Spain
TEL: +34 65 232 4340
Department of Photoelectric Information Engineering
Zhejiang University
Hangzhou 310027, P. R.China