Python Portability--Not very portable?

Fri Aug 6 18:31:45 EDT 2010

On Fri, 06 Aug 2010 10:35:38 -0700, W. eWatson wrote:

> So you think Python is part of open software in terms of distributing a
> "product"?

Python itself *is* open source software. It doesn't *require* you to
write open source software.

> So I should stick to C, where one can distribute programs w/o
> revealing code details

No you can't. That's the point that you are missing. When you ship a
compiled exe, you are still shipping code, and anyone serious about
"ripping off" your ideas will not find that even the tiniest barrier to
doing so.

Microsoft never ship their code to Windows, and yet virus and malware
authors regularly and rapidly analyse it well enough to not only work out
what it does and how it does it, but to discover vulnerabilities that
even Microsoft don't know about.

If MS can't protect their code, what makes you think your .exe file is
going to any better protected?

--
Steven