A web site using Python

Alice Bevan–McGregor alice at gothcandy.com
Mon Dec 6 19:42:27 EST 2010

> 1. Pick a web framework, I'd suggest looking at:
>
>    Django (http://www.djangoproject.com/)
>
>    Pyramid (http://docs.pylonshq.com/pyramid/dev/)

I'm biased, but I can highly recommend WebCore
(http://www.web-core.org/) as it more easily supports small to
mid-sized applications and actively encourages the use of standard
Python idioms.

A reasonable example (though it was hurried) would be the codebase
behind tsatimeline.org:

	https://github.com/GothAlice/TSA-Timeline

The important files are application.py (controllers), model.py (data
model), and the templates (views) folder.  (The public folder is where
CSS/JS/images go.)  Similar to Stef's comment on web2py, development
with WebCore (or web2py, or WebPy, or… basically any micro-framework)
is extremely rapid.

	— Alice.