Adding methods from one class to another, dynamically

Oltmans rolf.oltmans at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 15:55:38 EST 2010

Thank you for your help, Chris. Looks like I can now attach methods to
class 'tee'. However, after attaching methods to 'tee' when I try to
run them using suite.run() I don't see any of the methods running, I'm
sorry but I've no clue what's failing this. Any insights will be
highly appreciated. Here is the sample code
filename: check.py
---
import inspect
import unittest

class result(unittest.TestResult):

    def addSuccess(self,test):
        print str(test) + ' succeeded'
    def addError(self,test,err):
        print 'An error occured while running the test ' + str(test) +
' and error is = ' + str(err)
    def addFailure(self,test,err):
        print str(test) + " failed with an error =" + str(err)

class test(unittest.TestCase):
    def test_first(self):
        print 'first test'
    def test_second(self):
        print 'second test'
    def test_third(self):
        print 'third test'

import new
class tee(unittest.TestCase):
    pass

if __name__=="__main__":
    r = result()
    for name,func in inspect.getmembers(test,inspect.ismethod):
        if name.find('test_')!= -1:

            setattr(tee, name, new.instancemethod(func,None,tee))

    suite = unittest.defaultTestLoader.loadTestsFromName('check.tee')
    suite.run(r)
---

Then line suite.run(r) should have run the methods that we just
attached, but it's not. I must be missing something here. Please
enlighten me.

Thanks.