Fastest way to detect a non-ASCII character in a list of strings.

Dun Peal dunpealer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 03:10:27 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 6:52 AM, Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml at behnel.de> wrote:
> Well, the estimate is about one man-month, so it would be doable in about
> three months time if we had the money to work on it. So far, no one has made
> a serious offer to support that project, though.

I find myself surprised at the relatively little use that Cython is seeing.

You would expect a whole lot of organizations and people to fancy a
language that's about as high-level as Python, yet almost as fast and
down-to-the-metal as C.

Add to that the ability to seamlessly integrate with both your
existing C/++ codebase and your Python codebase, easily mix very high
level abstractions with very low-level machine access... clear winner.

I'd expect Cython to have a far larger userbase, with a long line of
sponsors queuing up to fund further development. Maybe it will get
there some day :-)