Python IDE/text-editor

TP wingusr at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 10:24:40 EDT 2011

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 2:32 AM, jacek2v <jacek2v at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 16, 11:18 am, Daniel Kluev <dan.kl... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Please continue your recommendations.
>>
>> WingIDE has all that and much more, if you are willing to consider
>> non-free IDE.
>> Its multi-threading debugger definitely worth the cost of Pro version for me.
>
> I confirm :)
> --

I normally use emacs for basic text editing, tried Komodo, Eric, and
IDLE but prefer WingIDE when writing Python code. In particular, the
debugger is really nice. (Of course I also like Visual Studio when
writing/debugging C/C++/C# so maybe I'm just weird).

A new non-free up-and-comer to consider is JetBrain's PyCharm.

And there is PyDev for Eclipse (but I personally tend to avoid Java
based programs).