% is not an operator [was Re: Verbose and flexible args and kwargs syntax]

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 00:30:48 EST 2011

On Dec 16, 3:01 pm, Chris Angelico <ros... at gmail.com> wrote:
> And I would be most sorry to see % renamed to mod in Python.
>
> "Hello, %s! My favourite number is %d." mod ("Fred",42)   # This just
> looks wrong.

Finally we can give this operator a more fitting name - I propose
'inject' - and put an end to this insane desire to leverage off pre-
existing knowledge of other languages.

Furthermore, I suggest that no two languages should ever have
identical semantics, just to avoid potential confusion.

New concepts for all!