Uninstalling Py 2.5.2 from Windows 7

Irmen de Jong irmen at -NOSPAM-xs4all.nl
Sun Nov 13 14:08:32 EST 2011

On 13-11-11 18:46, W. eWatson wrote:
> For many months I had sporadically used 2.5.2 under Win 7, then
> something went awry. I tried an uninstall/install and it didn't get any
> better. I thought I'd take another shot at it today. The uninstall went
> OK, but c:\python25 remained with several py files and a folder, Lib. I
> went ahead with the install and got a msg that asked if I wanted to
> write over the python25 folder.
>
> I figured maybe I should ask about this. It's probably OK. Yes, I know I
> have an old version of Python, but I need it occasionally.
>
> Comments?

Just go ahead and manually delete c:\python25 and everything in it.
But make sure that the leftover stuff in there is something you won't
need again, or that you can get back by re-installing the third party
library that it was part of.

Then re-install from the 2.5.2 msi. (Or perhaps 2.5.4).

Irmen