Hello, and request for help with 'dynamic grids'

Thomas Jollans t at jollybox.de
Mon Sep 5 06:40:07 EDT 2011

On 05/09/11 07:18, Simon Cropper wrote:
> I am looking for the ability to create dynamic grids in a window but
> can't for the life of me find how to do this.

It depends on which windowing toolkit you're planning to use. If you use
PyGTK, you'd want a TreeView widget to display the list. Fill a
ListStore instance with your data and give that to the TreeView. You can
implement filtering and sorting on top of that using TreeModelFilter and
TreeModelSort.

LibreOffice and OpenOffice have database management components (I
haven't used them, I assume they're somewhat similar to MS Access) - and
they can be scripted using Python. Depending on what you're doing, and
what you're planning to do in the future (re learning investment), that
might be worth looking into.

Thomas