python adds an extra half space when reading from a string or list

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Mon Jul 1 08:43:00 EDT 2013

On Mon, 01 Jul 2013 10:52:28 +0300, Νίκος wrote:

> All i did was asking for help for issues i couldn't solve. That what
> everybody would do if he couldn't help himself solve something.
[...]
> So shut your piehole and start proving yourself useful in this list. Or
> sod off.
> Preferably do the latter.

Enough Νίκος. If you can't be the "bigger man" and ignore other people's
insults, take your flaming off-list. I don't care if you get into the
mother of all flame-fests, so long as it is OFF LIST and doesn't upset
this forum. If you continue to be abusive on this list, I will kill-file
you and will not even see your posts, and no doubt others will do the
same.

It doesn't matter who started it. It doesn't matter if you're just trying
to get some help. If you continue being abusive, you will lose the few
allies you have left.

The same goes to the Net Vigilantes trying to drive Νίκος away. I can't
speak for others, but I can speak for myself, and abuse and flaming has
no place in this forum, and if you continue to behave abusively, I will
kill-file you too.

Νίκος, I am not going to wade through this long, long thread to see what
problem you are trying to solve today. I only have a limited number of
hours available, and it is unfair for you to monopolise all my time.
Also, sometimes I simply do not know how to solve your technical
problems. I don't know everything. But I will give you a commitment: if
you follow the advice here:

http://sscce.org/

and come up with a short, self-contained, runnable example of the problem
you are having in this thread, I commit to reading your post and making
an honest effort to solve the problem by Wednesday evening (Melbourne,
Australia time). The above website is written for Java programmers, but
the advice holds for any language including Python.

The above of course assumes that I have not kill-filed you for continuing
to be abusive on-list.

--
Steven