Errin when executing a cgi script that sets a cookie in the browser

Νικόλαος Κούρας nikos.gr33k at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 17:33:44 EDT 2013

Τη Κυριακή, 9 Ιουνίου 2013 12:17:16 π.μ. UTC+3, ο χρήστης Michael Torrie έγραψε:

> > What does this error means anyway?

> It means that Apache is unable to find your cgi script.  It's turning
> the url into a file path, but it can't find the file path.  Sometimes
> Apache is configured to not follow symlinks.

Why every other python cgi script of mine that i run via browser  doesnt produce this kind of error and only 'koukos.py' does?

> It's confusing too because you have two apaches installed.  The system
> default one and the one that comes with cPanel.

Hi Michael, indeed they are too.
I wonder why cPanel deosnt use the default apache that came with the system and isntead complied its own.

anyway httpd.conf seems correct
==========
root at nikos [~]# cat /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf | grep 'www'
#   system refer to the documentation at: http://www.cpanel.net/support/docs/ea/ea3/customdirectives.html       #
#   system refer to the documentation at: http://www.cpanel.net/support/docs/ea/ea3/customdirectives.html       #
    ServerAlias www.varsa.gr
    ServerAlias www.parking-byzantio.gr
    ServerAlias www.cafebar-idea.gr
    ServerAlias www.dauwin.gr
    ServerAlias www.leonidasgkelos.com
    ServerAlias www.mythosweb.gr
    ServerAlias www.superhost.gr
    ServerAlias www.panostech.gr
    ServerAlias www.pdimou.gr
    ServerAlias www.radio-klepsydra.com
    ServerAlias www.cravendot.gr
    ServerAlias www.ypsilandio.gr
    ServerAlias www.oliveoils.mythosweb.gr
    ServerAlias www.zimotirio.pdimou.gr

root at nikos [~]# cat /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf | grep 'public_html'
UserDir public_html
    DocumentRoot /home/akis/public_html
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/akis/public_html/cgi-bin/
    DocumentRoot /home/byzantio/public_html
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/byzantio/public_html/cgi-bin/
    DocumentRoot /home/cafebar/public_html
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/cafebar/public_html/cgi-bin/
    DocumentRoot /home/dauwin/public_html
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/dauwin/public_html/cgi-bin/
    DocumentRoot /home/gkelos/public_html
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/gkelos/public_html/cgi-bin/
    DocumentRoot /home/mythos/public_html
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/mythos/public_html/cgi-bin/
    DocumentRoot /home/nikos/public_html
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/nikos/public_html/cgi-bin/
    DocumentRoot /home/panos/public_html
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/panos/public_html/cgi-bin/
    DocumentRoot /home/pdimou/public_html
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/pdimou/public_html/cgi-bin/
    DocumentRoot /home/radio/public_html
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/radio/public_html/cgi-bin/
    DocumentRoot /home/tasos/public_html
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/tasos/public_html/cgi-bin/
    DocumentRoot /home/ypsiland/public_html
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/ypsiland/public_html/cgi-bin/
    DocumentRoot /home/mythos/public_html/oliveoils
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/mythos/public_html/oliveoils/cgi-bin/
    DocumentRoot /home/pdimou/public_html/zimotirio
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /home/pdimou/public_html/zimotirio/cgi-bin/
root at nikos [~]#