Don't feed the troll... (was: Re: A few questiosn about encoding)

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at druid.net
Fri Jun 14 13:13:23 EDT 2013

On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 11:06:55 +0200
Heiko Wundram <modelnine at modelnine.org> wrote:
> Come on now, this is _so_ obviously trolling, it's not even remotely
> funny anymore. Why doesn't killfiling work with the mailing list
> version of the python list? :-(

A big problem, other than Mr. Support's shenanigans with his email
address, is that even those of us who seem to have successfully
*plonked* him get the responses to him.  The biggest issue with a troll
isn't so much the annoying emails from him but the amplified slew of

The answer is to always make sure that you include the previous poster
in the reply as a Cc or To.  I filter out any email that has the string
"support at superhost.gr" in a header so I would also filter out the
replies if people would follow that simple rule.

I have suggested this before but the push back I get is that then
people would get two copies of the email, one to them and one to the
list.  My answer is simple.  Get a proper email system that filters out
duplicates.  Is there an email client out there that does not have this
facility?

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy at druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves
+1 416 788 2246     (DoD#0082)    (eNTP)   |  what's for dinner.