Build Python 2.7.5 - Modules missing

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon Jun 10 14:04:54 EDT 2013

> It carried on with the installation OK, but I don't understand the last
> sentence in the message. How can I find out exactly what modules are
> missing, and what I need to do to make sure they are built next time?

Some of them won't ever build, as they are platform-dependent.  For
example, if you're building on a Linux machine, sunaudiodev won't
build.

The last sentence is just telling you to poke around in the setup.py
code to figure out what it's looking for.  Many libraries have arcane
version naming schemes, and it might not stumble upon the right
spelling, and thus fail to find it.  For example tcl 8.5 might be
installed as libtcl85.so, libtcl8.5.dylib, etc.  I believe the modules
which failed for you are probably all named in a straightforward
fashion, so missing underlying libraries are probably the culprit.

Skip