My son wants me to teach him Python

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 17:52:16 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 5:04 AM, Rick Johnson
<rantingrickjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Chris, a GUI interface can be created for *ANY* command line
> functionality. By utilizing the GUI you can be more
> productive because a "point" and a "click" are always faster
> than "peck-peck-peck" * INFINITY.

Okay... I'm trying to get my head around what you've done here. Isn't
it simply that you've made a way to, with what looks like a
point-and-click interface, let the user type in a command line? Or
even worse, force them to edit a file to change the command used? That
already exists - as I mentioned, several desktop environments have
Alt-F2 to let you type in any program and run it. That's no more using
a GUI than bringing up a terminal is.

ChrisA