What is the semantics meaning of 'object'?

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 04:53:20 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 7:07 PM, Mark Janssen <dreamingforward at gmail.com> wrote:
>> When you inherit a "set" to make a Rational, you're making the
>> statement (to the interpreter, if nothing else) that a Rational is-a
>> set.
>
> No you don't *inherit* a set to make a Rational, although you gain a
> set to make it.

Okay, then.  Since you started this discussion from the topic of
multiple inheritance I was under the impression that you were talking
about using inheritance to construct Rationals from integers and sets.
 Evidently that is not so, and you've been talking about composition
all along, in which case I have no idea how any of this relates to
your original suggestion of putting superclasses "in charge" of their
subclasses.