lambdak: multi-line lambda implementation in native Python

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Sat Jan 17 07:15:28 EST 2015

Jussi Piitulainen <jpiitula at ling.helsinki.fi>:

> Marko Rauhamaa writes:
>> Yes, whoever came up with the idea of whitespace having syntactic
>> significance!
>
> How far do you want to go? [...]
>
> I prefer parentheses. They are not nearly as fragile.

*cough* braces *cough*

Seriously, though, I hate the optional semicolon rules of JavaScript and
Go. I dread the day when GvR gets it in his head to allow this syntax in
Python:

   average_drop_rate = cumulative_drop_count /
       observation_period

(although, it could be defined Pythonesquely thus: "a spurious
indentation means line continuation" — no more backslashes).

Marko