Overwhelmed by the Simplicity of Python. Any Recommendation?

songbird songbird at anthive.com
Sat Nov 3 12:45:57 EDT 2018

Rhodri James wrote:
> I completely agree.  I too have come from a background in C, and still
> do most of my day job in C or assembler.  It took a while before I was
> writing idiomatic Python, never mind efficient Python (arguably I still
> don't, but as Rob says, who cares?).  Don't worry about it; at some
> point you will discover that the "obvious" Python you are writing looks
> a lot like the code you are looking at now and thinking "that's really
> clever, I'll never be able to to that."

  at this stage of my own process in learning, i'm
trying to read the FAQs i can find, any tutorials,
answers to specific questions on stackoverflow on
particular topics to see if i can understand the
issues, etc.

  as for my own code, yes, it's horrible at the
moment, but to me working code is always the
final arbitor.  i much prefer simple and stepwise
refinement if speed isn't the issue i think clarity
and simplicity is more important.

  speed is only more important for large projects
that process a ton of data.

  in 3-5yrs i expect to understand more of what
the theory and more conceptual things going on as
i read more of the history and how the language
has developed.

  i won't consider myself fluent until i start
"thinking" in it and can visualise the data
structures/objects in my head and such as i
currently do for C.

  songbird