the python name

rbowman bowman at montana.com
Sun Jan 6 20:25:06 EST 2019

On 01/03/2019 05:31 PM, Avi Gross wrote:
> Why did I mention Anaconda? Because python is also the name of a snake and
> some people considered it appropriate to name their pet project that
> includes python, as the name of another snake:

Probably not politically correct to mention but Colt had seven snake
revolvers if you count the specialty Boa. The Anaconda was the last one
but the Python was the most popular and fetches ridiculous prices today.

Cobra and Boa are programming languages and there was an abandoned
attempt at Viper, but I don't think anyone has grabbed Diamondback yet.
(King Cobra is the 7th Colt snake but I'll count plain Cobra as close
enough)