Problem in Installing version 3.7.2(64 bit)

songbird songbird at anthive.com
Tue Jan 29 11:31:58 EST 2019

Anssi Saari wrote:
> Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> writes:
>> On 1/26/2019 6:24 AM, Vrinda Bansal wrote:
>>> Dear Sir/Madam,
>>>
>>> After Installation of the version 3.7.2(64 bit) in Windows 8 when I run the
>>> program it gives an error. Screenshot of the error is attached below.
>>
>> Nope.  This is text only mail list.  Images are tossed.  You must copy
>> and paste.
>
> Just curious, but wouldn't it be better to just reject messages with
> attachments instead of silent removal? I suppose the end result is
> mostly the same for the person asking but the rest of us would be
> spared.

  my understanding is that this list is actually
several combined services (i'm not sure how the
mailing list operates or how it filters or rejects
things) and then there is the usenet list comp.lang.python
(which is how i see articles and replies).

  usenet has usually been a text only service unless
you have a specific binary group (some usenet servers
have them and others don't).

  asking the person to upload the image to someplace
else and provide a link to the image would be a thing
for the FAQ if there were one for either or both of
the e-mail list service provider or the usenet group.

  songbird