Books for Python 3.7

sjmsoft at gmail.com sjmsoft at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 11:04:35 EDT 2019

On Friday, July 12, 2019 at 11:37:08 AM UTC-3, mok... at gmail.com wrote:
> Can anyone help me.
> New to Python.
> Installed version 3.7
> I purchased the "Python for Dummies" book But this book was written for an older version of Python.
> All the examples and samples don't work with version 3.7
> Can anyone direct me to which is the latest book to buy to properly learn Python.
> Thanks

You don't say what Python release your book covers, but the first thing to know is that Python 3 has many incompatibilities with Python 2.  I don't think any book that covers Python 2 is useful for a new Python programmer using Python 3.

You also don't say whether you're a beginning programmer or a veteran wanting to learn a new language.  This might affect your book choice, as some are directed more toward beginning programmers.

One good choice is Dive Into Python, available for free on-line (google "dive into python 3").  I'm sure other folks could suggest additional suitable Python 3 books.

HTH,
  Steve J. Martin